Use the instructions below to repair your RAVE Proline reinforced product. This method is made specifically for RAVE commercial grade repair patches which can be purchased at ravesports.com. Note that it is best to complete your repair in a temperature controlled environment.
- Inflate the product completely.
- Locate the leak(s) by thoroughly spraying the tube with mild, soapy water. Any puncture holes will be noticeable by bubbles forming around the hole.
- Mark areas of repair on the tube with a dark colored marker or pencil that can be easily wiped off.
- Deflate the product completely and lay on a flat hard surface.
- Clean the repair area with rubbing alcohol and allow to completely dry.
- Determine the size of the hole and cut a patch 1-2 inches wider than the diameter of the hole. Make sure all corners of the patch are rounded as pointed corners can more easily pull off.
- READ AND UNDERSTAND THE WARNINGS ON THE GLUE CONTAINER.
- Apply an even coat of glue to the shiny side of the patch and the area around the hole. Let the glue dry until it is tacky to the touch. (Approximately 1-2 minutes.)
- Firmly apply the patch to the tube.
- Using a paint scraper or similar tool, rub out any air bubble between the patch and the product working from the center outwards. Wipe off any excess glue.
- Place a heavy weight on the patch and allow to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Re-inflate the product and observe, unused for 24 hours for any abnormal* loss in air and determine if more patches may be needed.
*Abnormal loss of air references the loss of significant air in the product due to a puncture. Note the temperature of the air going into the product and the outside air. If your inflator is hot and sending warm air into the product, when it cools, it will seem like your product is losing air. This is normal. Weather and temperature variations will also cause the air inside the unit to expand and condense. This is normal. If you are experiencing a cool span you may want to add additional air. Be careful when the temperature rises that the unit does not become over-inflated. Damage due to over-inflation voids the warranty. Proper inflation should be checked often if the product is left inflated for consecutive days. All inflatable's are sensitive to cold, therefore never unfold or inflate in temperatures below 50° F.