It would be impossible to imagine our lives today without major inventions including the printing press, automobile, electricity, telephone, television, computers, and the internet. These inventions were created to make work easier and faster, to trade goods, or to communicate over long distances. Necessity is the mother of invention, but we think having fun is also a necessity. That's why we simply must add the water trampoline to the list of "best inventions ever". Here are five reasons why:
1. Fun: The water trampoline combines both fun and functionality. A trampoline on the water lets kids and young-at-heart adults jump like crazy and then if they fall, make a harmless big splash into the water. Hard to imagine anything more fun than that!
2. Portable: Water trampolines are also portable. Simply bring along a high-speed inflator and a small anchor, and your fun travels along with you on camping trips or visits to grandpa’s cabin.
3. Fitness: Jumping on a trampoline is an excellent low-impact exercise that burns significant calories. Depending upon the intensity of jumping, trampolining can be an intense cardiovascular workout that helps increase metabolic rate and overall muscle tone. For instance, a 150-pound adult jumping for 30 minutes will burn about 126 calories, depending upon the intensity of the bouncing and the type of jumps performed.
4. Relaxation: If being on the water means that it’s time to relax, a water trampoline is an excellent option. Simply swim out to the trampoline, climb aboard, lie down, and watch the clouds float by. Being gently rocked by waves and bathed by the sunshine is better than going to the spa any day!
5. Quality family time: Spending time together on the water bridges the gap between adults and kids, and making that time fun cements it with smiles, laughs, and great memories. Pretty hard to beat that.
So that’s why we think the water trampoline is the best invention ever. If you still don’t agree, just imagine what Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin, or Thomas Edison would look like jumping on a water trampoline and try not to laugh!